Love the D&L Heritage Half Marathon but don’t want to run/walk? Volunteer with us! We need help with various tasks in the weeks and months leading up to the Marathon event and on the day of the Marathon, November 6, 2022.
Please visit our volunteer signup page for more info, here (click me!).
If you want to volunteer but are not sure what you want to sign up for or have any further questions, please contact Anna Kristjansen at [email protected] or 484-280-0390.
We’re looking forward to working with you to make this year’s event a success!
Months prior – always looking for new members for the event planning committees!
- Planning race logistics
- Writing promotional emails and social media posts
- Soliciting sponsorships and in-kind donations
- Designing, ordering and sorting race shirts
- Recruiting volunteers for race day
- Bib assembly – Help label and sort bibs
- Pick up donations
- Volunteer training – For team/group leaders only
- Bib & Shirt pick up
- Prepare supplies for Aid Stations
- Help Trail Manager to place cones and signs
Day of race
- Aid Stations
- Starting Line – assist where needed
- Finish Line – Assist professional timing team
- Deliver water and cups to aid stations.
- Bag drop off before race – Volunteers place bag tag on participants bag w/bib number and place in truck.
- Bag drop after race – line bags up by bib number. Return to runners after race.
- Trash Patrols
- Bib & Shirt pick up – Help distribute bibs to participants and check them in. Hand them a shirt in size ordered.
- Volunteer check-in/out – Volunteers should already know where they are assigned. Check in the time they arrive and leave.
- Hand beverages to runners before race
- Serve food and beverage to runners and volunteers after race.
- Traffic control
- Assisting with parking lot management
- Assisting police and fire police at road crossings
- Direct runners on the course
- Assist with handing out medals and awards
- Clean up/Take Down
**Cheer for runners as they pass**